September 15, 2011

Blogs

     After my last talk with Amaya (see previous post) she asked if she could look at other kids blogs. I found several for us to look at together. Some of children, some adults, some are younger than her, some older, some more severe, some not. But each has a common journey. We looked at each blog and gained inspiration, comfort, and friends. Amaya would look on with great compassion and empathy for each child. She asked how many surgeries they had had, how old they were, what else they would need to do. It was nice to see her worries be eased, questions answered and to see others just like her.
     I am so thankful to the parents who create and update their blogs. They have given me helpful information, hope, comforted me, and guideded me. I frequently read and reread these blogs. They make this journey a little bit easier, by giving me the comfort and support that only someone who truly knows what your going thru can give. So again I say, thank you. Thank you for your time, your honesty, your advice, and your willingness to help. I can only hope that my blog does the same for someone else. It certainly serves as a therapeutic release for me, so thank you for reading these thoughts, vents, rants and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment