May 10, 2013

My hip popped

    Amaya let us know that while she was at school during recess her hip popped. She said she was running then felt it, heard it and saw it (yesterday). I can't explain the sinking feeling this gives me. I asked her questions about it while trying to keep my cool. It worries me and saddens me. It's hard to know what's "normal." Because Amaya's normal isn't the same as yours and mine. I'm not sure how much to worry, what to do or think. This is the first time it's "popped" since last year when she had her hip osteotomy. She didn't do anything new, or hurt herself, or have an accident. Her hip use to pop often, not very often, but every once in awhile. Especially when she was much younger. When it pops it dislocates then pops right back in on its own. Yesterday was the first time it popped then again today. She said yesterday's was worse, but that she went to the office and got some ice to help with the pain.
My sweet Amaya is a tough cookie. Not a complainer. Not one who's giving up.
Keep her in your thoughts.
Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete