October 29, 2012

Glow in the dark

   Today the girls were given some glow in the dark stickers and bats for Halloween. At first they didn't glow. But as we put them next to a light they started to glow. The best way to get them to glow is to put them near a light (either sunlight or a light bulb) second put them somewhere dark. The longer they spend near light the brighter they'll glow. And the darker the room the brighter they'll shine.
   As I thought about these glow in the dark stickers and toys I thought of us as people. The only way we shine is if we've been charged by some light (family, prayer, church, worship, self reflection, growth, etc). And the darker the circumstance the brighter we will shine. I know this is true because I've seen it happen in my own life. I've seen this in our home these past few months. The days or moments that we were worn out and had no light in us, we didn't glow. But when we were refreshed and charged we managed to glow in some of the darkest moments that we've had to face as a family. I'm proud of Josh, myself and our family. We had to work as individuals, as partners and as a family to refresh one another and to glow brightly during the darkness. It wasn't always easy, yet we managed. I'm humbled by the darkness and the moments we struggled through. And proud at how we not only survived but thrived. Somehow we managed to Glow!
   Thank you for all the times, and the ways that you helped refresh us. Many of you served as lights for us that helped refresh us and prepare us to glow in dark times. Thank you. I am forever grateful for your care, kindness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment