February 12, 2013

Trip to Amy's farm

   On Monday the girls and I went to an organic farm with our friends, Amy, Ran, Tyler and baby Kristen. We had a great time! There was a petting zoo, an organic garden, the girls got to pick chard, feed a pig and their favorite was milking a cow.
Amaya tasting the Swiss chard she picked. Both girls loved it and asked me to bring some home. Just before the girls picked their chard the farmer told us that when picking it you want to pick some with holes in it because it means that it had to fight hard to survive and its healthier for you. I was surprised I thought that you would want some that looks perfect. But, I immediately thought of Amaya and her pin sites. I told her, "hey, its like you Amaya. You had holes in you, but now you're stronger!" 
The girls petting a lamb. 
Amaya petting the two thousand pound eighty year old cow Tina.
The girls posing with grandma Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment