October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

     Over the weekend we went to the pumpkin patch with some family friends. This is the fourth year we've gone with them, and it's nice to see how each child and family has grown over the year.  While we were waiting for them to arrive I noticed a woman I recognized and had not seen in almost three years. She was the ICU nurse that took care of Lidie when she was admitted to the hospital when she was only a week old.  As you can imagine it was one of the most difficult weeks of my life. Having Lidie be so sick and helpless at such a young age left me speechless and a bit lost. The nurse was so kind and gentle. I remember how sitting with her waiting and hoping for Lidie to improve reassured me and calmed me.  Not only did she take care of Lidie and provide excellent care to her, but she calmed my nerves and fears. At the time Amaya was three and Josh was spending all of his time taking care of her, so that I could be with Lidie. So, when I was in the hospital I was alone. 
      As soon as I recognized the nurse I was flooded with emotions; gratefulness, joy, pain. But, mostly just overwhelmingly thankful. I went up to her, introduced myself, hugged her and thru tears thanked her for all the help she had given Lidie and me. I was excited that she remembered Lidie! She asked how she was doing, and was happy to hear that she is doing great. She said I made her day, but I think it was definitely the other way around.
      Looking back at such a scary, painful time in our lives I'm reminded of just how lucky, blessed, and fortunate I am to have such a wonderful husband to help me get thru these tough times. His help, support, and calmness got me thru a seemingly impossible time. Along with the help and support of friends and family we have gotten thru many trying times.  I am thankful for all of those who have helped us in both big and small ways. And ever so grateful to the doctors and nurses who have taken such excellent care of both my girls. 



Amaya and Lidie climbed to the top of the hay castle. I love how Lidie is looking up at Amaya.

Amaya, Lidie, "cousins" Lilli, and Carter enjoying some silliness in a wagon.

Look at this flower we found. Amaya's middle name, Xochitl means flower.

Here are the girls with baby Mason. By this time next year he'll be walking around picking his own pumpkin. 
Thank you Czekaj family for a great day and your friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment