Well the day we've been planning and preparing for, for months is finally here. Surprisingly I feel pretty good. I was expecting to feel more stress, or heartache, but I think all the well wishes, calls, messages, prayers, etc. are working. Im optimistic and hopefull for the surgery. I have complete faith in Dr. Nelson and his abilities. I'm thankful for all the positive things; the doctor, how close he is, that she only has to have one lengthening, that she's healthy, and so many more.
Tomorrow we will be checking in at noon and the surgery is scheduled for 3:20. Amaya won't be able to have any food after midnight tonight, but can have clear fluids before ten am. We kept Amaya busy; watched the Lorax with her grandparents, lunch with grandparents and dad, playing at the park with Lidie, dinner at Chuck E Cheese, then a last minute trip to the grocery store with dad to buy snacks (for tonight and to look forward to after the surgery). She's still up, so that she can have a snack before midnight.
I better head off to bed, I'm exhausted! I'll try to post on the blog as soon as I can. Thanks for reading, for your love, and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Couple things I didn't say in the last post…
I was so busy getting the details out for family and friends that I didn’t get to adequately share our gratitude for Dr. Nelson. It’s amazin...
-
Okay, so here are those photos I've been promising. This was in pre-op. I love her smile. She's giving a peace sign. After Dr.Nels...
-
Sweet Amaya at her appointment Today we saw Dr. Nelson for our yearly check-up. When he came into the room he laughed saying that i...
-
Today we had our first real outpatient physical therapy session. It was also the first time that I had to take the girls to physical th...
No comments:
Post a Comment